Designing, creating and repairing railway networks is crucial to efficient transportation of assets and people. From national rail networks and branch lines through to plant and distribution sidings, the demand on railways is an ever-present cost to business. The correct development, design and maintenance of railways infrastructure is essential to avoid costly delays and track failures. A railway geotechnical design specialist can help you to ensure that the ground your tracks run on or run through are fit-for-purpose and will not be the reason for these unwanted and unforeseen costs.
Alan Binns, Director of Plough Geotechnical Ltd, is a railway geotechnical design specialist and works with businesses to ensure railways remain stable and safe, regardless of the environment and ground. His team provide expert guidance, advice and designs, in-line with current legislation. Amongst the services Plough Geotechnical Ltd provide are:
- Initial investigation – including geotechnical analysis of soil and rocks
- Cutting and embankment design – including safe slopes and approved angles of excavation to avoid compromising the track
- Groundwater control – including track drainage design and drainage of adjacent slopes
- Rail foundation specification – including the thickness and composition of the track foundation layers
- Detailed maintenance inspections – supporting rail engineers in finding and solving problems
- Network Rail Compliance – helping you to interpret and comply with the official standards and specifications
Director of Plough Geo, Alan Binns has been working with railways since the start of his career. He began under the guidance of the Chief Civil Engineer, Eastern Region, and worked full time for British Rail for 9 years, gaining invaluable insight and experience. He has since been involved in a variety of rail consultation projects.
Plough Geotechnical Ltd are a Wirral based team of Geotechnical engineers, providing specialist Geotechnical services and act as an expert Geotechnical witness should things go wrong in the future.
Contact Alan at Plough Geotechnical Ltd for an initial, informal chat about how you may be able to work together.
Tel: 0151 353 1730
Mob: 07957 659 819
Unrivalled Understanding of Geotechnical Issues
Read more blogs
More … HERE