Are you looking for a Geotechnical Foundation Design training course? Need an introduction to foundation design? Do you or your team of engineers have limited knowledge of how to choose and design a foundation? Equipe Training are recognised as leaders in providing training in the geotechnical industry and have teamed up with Alan Binns, Director of Plough Geotechnical Ltd, to deliver a one-day geotechnical foundation design training course.
The geotechnical foundation design training course is ideal for geotechnical practitioners and engineers looking at how information is obtained and then used to provide designs for foundations and the calculations for basic foundation design.
The course will cover:
- Assessment of the use and choice of shallow foundations and piles
- Derivation of bearing capacity
- Calculate the working loads and settlement of simple foundations
- Overview of pile foundations
- Introduction to Limit State Design and Partial Factors
- Calculation of pile working loads in accordance with Eurocode
- Ground improvement techniques
At the end of the course the delegates should be able to:
- Assess ground conditions with respect to suitable shallow foundations
- Calculate bearing capacity, settlement
- Assess ground conditions with respect to piled foundations
- Calculate simple pile foundations
- Use partial factors and carry out Limit State Design for simple foundations
- Have an appreciation for the use of ground improvement techniques
Further details of the course are found HERE
Plough Geotechnical Ltd
Plough Geotechnical are a Wirral based team of Geotechnical engineers, providing a specialist service using state of the art modelling software package, extensive hands-on experience, delivering expert analysis, designs and impartial witness assessment services. Alan Binns, Director of Plough Geotechnical Ltd is passionate about delivering a first-class service to all his clients and is always happy to discuss any geotechnical issues that you may be experiencing or offer support for new projects and developments.
Equipe Training Ltd
Equipe was established in 2008 by three of the UK’s leading senior managers in the field of geotechnics and drilling – an independent, professional and comprehensive provider for vocational training, testing and continual assessment for the drilling and geotechnical industries. Delivering highly regarded training courses, seminars and tutorials to all stakeholders in the industry: from educational establishments (i.e. schools, colleges and universities), through consultants and clients, to contractors.
Contact Alan at Plough Geotechnical Ltd for an initial, informal chat about geotechnical training courses.
Tel: 0151 353 1730
Mob: 07957 659 819
Unrivalled Understanding of Geotechnical Issues
Read more blogs HERE